- the solution to misogyny IS NOT misandry
- the solution to negative body images IS NOT calling thin girls “ugly”
- the solution to racism IS NOT targeting white people
- the solution to homophobia IS NOT hating straight people
- the solution to transphobia IS NOT hating cisgendered people
- THE SOLUTION TO OPPRESSION IS NOT BY OPPRESSING MORE PEOPLE
So my 13 y/o brother is on Xbox Live with his friends in the other room and the past 20 minutes I’ve heard him say
- Dude why do you use gay as an insult?
- You guys are fucking sexist, this is why I’m the only one of us who has a girlfriend
- Wow that wasn’t racist or anything
- No seriously gay does not mean stupid
In the early years of space flight, both Russians and Americans used pencils in space. Unfortunately, pencil lead is made of graphite, a highly conductive material. Snapped graphite leads and particles in zero gravity are hugely problematic, as they will get sucked into the air ventilation or electronic equipment, easily causing shorts or fires in the pure oxygen environment of a capsule.
After the fire in Apollo 1 which killed all the astronauts on board, NASA required a writing instrument that wasn’t a fire hazard. Fisher spent over a million dollars (of his own money) creating a pressurized ball point pen, which NASA bought at $2.95 each. The Russian space program also switched over from pencils shortly after.
40 years later snide morons on the internet still snigger about it, because snide morons on the internet never know what they are talking about.
I like how sweden just decided one day that gender is fucking bullshit so they got a gender neutral pronoun and stopped separating boy clothes and girl clothes and have pictures of spiderman pushing a baby stroller in a toy magazine why isn’t every country like sweden
you push that stroller sassy spiderman!
you fight those bad guys girlfriend!
you style that hair lil’ dude!
You had me at Spider-Man pushing a stroller.
Props to Sweden!